Matchstick Vegetable Stir-Fry
- For the Vegetables:
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 cups carrots, cut into 1-inch matchsticks
- 1 1/2 cups red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 1-inch matchsticks
- 2 cups jicama, cut into 1-inch matchsticks
- 2 cups snap peas, cut into 1-inch matchsticks
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Step 1 Place a large sauté pan over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and when hot, but not smoking, add the carrots and sauté until soft, about 3-5 minutes. Add the onions and cook an additional 3 minutes to soften.
- Step 2 Add the green beans, jicama, snap peas, the remaining tablespoon of sesame oil and the water. Cook for about 5-6 minutes to soften. Add the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, honey, salt and a some black pepper and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Step 3 Off the heat stir in the parsley. Adjust the seasoning needed.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin