When I started my blog, I had no intention on voicing political views. So this will likely be my first and only post referring to anything political. I strongly believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, whatever that may be. But “Dump” cookies are delicious; I’m no fan of Trump; and the rhyme is too good to pass up. So there you go.
Dump Trump Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups corn flakes, crushed up, plus additional 1/2 cup kept whole
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Heath Bar, roughly chopped
- 1 cup macadamia cups, roughly chopped
- Step 1 In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar till pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well. Add the vanilla.
- Step 2 Gradually add the flour, crushed corn flakes, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well to incorporate.
- Step 3 Fold in the chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, Heath Bar and macadamia nuts. Gently fold in the remaining 1/2 cup of whole corn flakes. Mix well to incorporate.
- Step 4 Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Step 5 To bake, preheat the oven to 360 degrees F. Line two sheet trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- Step 6 I use about two tablespoons of cookie dough per cookie. Using a tablespoon, drop rounded mounds of dough about 3 inches apart (this may vary depending on how large you are making the cookies).
- Step 7 Bake 10-12 minutes still starting to brown on the edges. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.