Sometimes a smoothie just doesn’t cut it. So I’m mixing it up a bit with this raspberry-pineapple protein slushy and it’s perfect for the Spring and Summer months. I thought a bright, fruity, protein slushy might be just what I needed to kick-start my Spring and give me a non-caffeinated energy boost. Personally, with all that’s going on my life right now, lets just say, I need this.
Raspberries are loaded with health benefits, including high levels of Vitamin C and antioxidants. Pineapple is loaded with dietary fiber, manganese and thiamine, a B-vitamin that is involved in energy production. I added some protein powder and almond milk for a dairy-free shot of protein and calcium, and I sweetened this naturally with a bit of honey. This slushy is a great way to give yourself a shot of energy and nutrition and help you be the best you, despite how little sleep you had the night before.
A Raspberry-Pineapple Protein Slushy For Spring
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- dash of coconut extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup ice
- Step 1 Using a kitchen blender, add the raspberries, pineapple, banana, almond milk, coconut extract honey, protein powder, and ice. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 2 Serve immediately.